Offenhauser 4058 Chevrolet Transmission Bolt Flange to Studebaker
Offenhauser 4058 Chevrolet Transmission Bolt Bolt Flange to Studebaker Transmission. Engine Adapter Chevy pattern 4 or 5 Speed Trans bolt Flange to Studebaker Bellhousing. Please note that this product is currently not being manufactured, although there is a master and pattern that still exist.
The transmission adapter #4058 bolts to the Chevrolet V8 Housing #3755343 to complete the connection of the Chevrolet V8 engine to the ’51-’59 Studebaker Commander transmission…standard or with over drive. These instructions are based on the engine being originally equipped with an automatic transmission. Complete list of parts needed to install the Chevrolet V8 engine to your Studebaker transmission follows:
- 3755343 Standard transmission type Chevrolet V8 flywheel housing
- 3729003 Standard transmission type Chevrolet V8 flywheel housing
- 838653 clutch cover bolts, Chevrolet V8 type, use six
- 558805 Oldsmobile flywheel bolts, use six
- 3741460 Chevrolet V8 clutch fork assembly
- 900018 Chevrolet V8 throw out bearing assembly
- 361402 Borg 10 1/2″ clutch cover assembly
- CD873 Borg 10 1/2″ clutch disc.
It will be necessary for you to machine the front bearing retainer of the Studebaker Transmission down to the 1.370″ to accommodate the Chevrolet V8 throw out bearing assembly 900018. Remove any bearings or bushing in the Chevrolet V8 crankshaft and install the special pilot bearing furnished with the adapter #4058. You will need four 1/2 x 1 1/2 NC bolts. NOTE: Many special parts such as Universal Headers, Motor Mounts, Aluminum Flywheel, Special HD, etc, are available from your local speed shop. Check there for your needs.
Out of stock